This is an interesting question that I was asked during the week. And for clarification, I take the question to mean, how much will I be allowed to live on, to cover normal day to day expenses, while I make payments under a Debt Settlement Arrangement.

It all depends on the household formation. Single person or a Couple, with or without dependants, with or without a motor vehicle, with or without other special circumstances. To fully answer this question for your personal situation you need a specialist adviser, either an approved Debt Management Firm or a PIP (Personal Insolvency Practitioner) to guide you through the legislation. It is worth pointing out that many clients will be allowed a greater allowance from their Bank or Creditors, where an informal arrangement is agreed by negotiation. This is where the experience of your insolvency professional really makes the difference.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.